Our organization was founded in 1947 by a Council of Churches that came together to be a unified voice for the church and was appropriately established as the Lancaster County Council of Churches.
Over the years, the organization grew and developed into a large social service agency providing food, clothing, shelter and transportation for our neighbors in need.
As part of our commitment to meet the needs in our community, we purchased and renovated a large warehouse in 2014 located at 812 N. Queen Street where we still reside today. Housed in this space is our large Food Hub and Clothing bank as well as our Wheels to Work program.
In 2018, we embarked on a Strategic Planning process to help guide our future growth. Through that process, it became apparent that our name no longer best represented who we were to the people we serve or our community at large like it once had when we were founded in 1947.
In May of 2019, we officially unveiled our new name, Lancaster County Food Hub – Serving with Faith and Compassion.
Nothing has changed about who we are and how we serve. Our Mission and Core Values are strong and clear.